What is an Abdominal Lump?
An Abdominal Lump is an abnormal growth in the abdomen that causes swelling or bulge to be formed in any area of the abdomen. This lump may be soft or hard depending on the underlying cause. One may experience pain, discomfort or bloating due to this Abdominal Lump.
What are the causes of Abdominal Lump?
There can be number of causes for the formation of Abdominal Lump, namely:
- Cyst – Ovarian cyst, cholecystitis
- Cancer – Colon cancer, kidney cancer, liver cancer, stomach cancer
- Certain diseases – Crohn’s disease, abdominal aortic aneurysm, pancreatic abscess, diverticulitis, hydronephrosis, enlarged liver
What are the symptoms of Abdominal Lump?
The signs and symptoms of Abdominal Lump are:
- Pain and swelling in the affected area
- Abdominal fullness
- Nausea and vomiting
- Unexplained weight gain
- Inability to urinate or pass stool
How can Abdominal Lump be treated?
The treatment for Abdominal Lump depends on the underlying cause. Your doctor may recommend:
- Surgery to remove the lump
- Methods to shrink the lump
- Radiation therapy