What is Pharyngitis?
Pharyngitis is the inflammation of the pharynx, which is located in the back of throat. It is a very common condition that causes sore throat.Pharyngitis usually occurs in winters.
Pharyngitis can be classified as:
- Acute Pharyngitis
- Chronic Pharyngitis
What is Acute Pharyngitis?
Acute Pharyngitis is the acute inflammation of the pharyngeal mucosa and submucosa that is generally involved in pharyngeal lymphoid tissue. It is usually caused by bacteria, virus or environmental factors.
The symptoms of Acute Pharyngitis are:
- Sore throat
- Pharyngeal dries and pain
- Difficulty swallowing
What is Chronic Pharyngitis?
Chronic Pharyngitis is chronic inflammation of the pharynx that involves the mucous membrane and throat tissues. It often occurs due to infection caused by viruses & micro-organisms, cold air and chemical effect (smoking, alcohol), environmental factors write my papers for me (smoke, dust, chemicals, occupational fumes)
The symptoms of Chronic Pharyngitis may include:
- Discomfort and pain in throat, especially during morning
- Dry and sore throat
- Dry cough
- Redness at the back of your throat
- Irritation in throat as if foreign body is there
- Accumulation of mucus
How can Acute and Chronic Pharyngitis be treated?
Acute Pharyngitis can be treated by:
- Salt gargles
Chronic Pharyngitis can be treated by:
- Treating the underlying cause for inflammation, such as altering patient’s food habits (avoiding smoking, alcohol)
- Local therapy – salt gargles, hot water
- Chemical or diathermy cautery done