What do you mean by Change in Voice?
Change in Voice refers to a condition in which voice changes as compared to normal voice. This can happen due to some minor illness or it may even indicate a more serious health issue.
What are the causes of Change in Voice?
Various causes that can result in Change in Voice are:
- Acute laryngitis
- Chronic laryngitis
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease
- Inhalation of respiratory tract irritants
- Voice misuse and overuse
- Benign vocal cord lesions
- Vocal cord haemorrhage
- Vocal cord paralysis and paresis
- Laryngeal cancer
What are the symptoms of Change in Voice?
When your voice changes, it may inherit raspy and harsh quality. It may also cause a change in the pitch and volume of voice of patient.
How can Change in Voice be treated?
The treatment for Change in Voice depends on diagnosing & treating the underlying condition. The doctor may recommend:
- Conservative treatment (cough suppressants & humidified air) for acute laryngitis
- Voice rest
- Medication to treat allergies
- Surgery for benign nodules or polyps, cancer of larynx