What is an Inguinal Hernia?
An Inguinal Hernia occurs when fatty or intestinal contents protrude through a weak spot in the abdomen. This results in a bulge that is very painful during cough, bending over or lifting a heavy object.
What causes Inguinal Hernia?
Some Inguinal Hernia don`t have any particular reason to occur. However, some of them may be the result of:
- Increased pressure within the abdomen
- A pre-existing weak spot in abdominal wall
- Straining during bowel movement/urination
- Chronic cough
What are the symptoms of Inguinal Hernia?
Inguinal Hernia can be noticed just by the appearance itself. However, there are some symptoms of Inguinal Hernia, namely:
- Pain while coughing, bending or other movement
- A heavy or full sensation in the groin
- Weakness/pressure in groin
- Swelling of the scrotum in men
- Sensation in groin
How can Inguinal Hernia be treated?
Inguinal Hernia may not require any treatment if it is very small and is not causing any problem. In case of enlarged and painful Inguinal Hernia, your doctor will recommend surgical approach:
Open Laparoscopic Hernia repair with MESH.