What is Erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction refers to the condition in which a man faces problems regularly in getting or maintaining s firm enough erection for sexual penetration. It can cause stress, hamper your self-confidence and create troubles in your relationship.Erectile dysfunction can occur due to an underlying medical condition and may be related to heart disease.
What are the causes of Erectile dysfunction?
Various causes of Erectile dysfunction include:
- Drugs (Anti-depressants)
- Neurogenic disorders
- Cavernosal disorders (Peyronie’s disease)
- Psychological causes (stress, mental health disorders, anxiety, depression)
- Aging (common in men over 60 years)
- Kidney failure
- Certain diseases (Diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis, heart disease, obesity, Parkinson’s disease, clogged blood vessels, high BP, high cholesterol, metabolic syndrome)
- Lifestyle habits (smoking)
What are the symptoms of Erectile dysfunction?
The signs and symptoms of Erectile dysfunction are:
- Unable to get erection
- Facing difficulty keeping an erection
- Reduced sexual desire
How can Erectile dysfunction be treated?
The treatment for Erectile dysfunction depends on treating the underlying cause and severity of condition. It may include:
- Oral medicines
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy
- Penis pumps
- Penile implants