What is Flat feet?
Flat feet means you have feet either with low or no arches. In this condition, when you stand the entire soles of your feet touch the floor. It is usually a painless condition that doesn’t require any treatment. However, some people may require treatment when they face the problem in their ankles & knees as it can alter their leg alignment.
What causes Flat feet?
The various causes of flatfeet include:
- Congenital birth defect
- Stretched or torn tendons
- Damage/inflammation of PTT (posterior tibial tendon)
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Nerve problems
What are the symptoms of Flat feet?
Few people with flat feet don’t experience any symptoms at all. But some of them have symptoms, such as:
- Foot pain (heel or arch area)
- Swelling on the inside bottom of feet
- Difficulty with foot movement
- Back & leg pain
How can Flat feet be treated?
People with no symptoms don’t require any treatment. But if condition causes pain and other symptoms, then your doctor may suggest:
- Rest and ice to relieve pain & swelling
- Pain relievers
- Stretching exercises
- Physical therapy
- Orthotic devices