What is Frozen Shoulder?
Frozen Shoulder is a condition in which your shoulder becomes painful, stiff and has limited range of motion. This usually happens when tissues in your shoulder become thicker and tighter leading to the development of scar tissues. Due to this, the shoulder joint is not able to rotate properly as there is lack of space. Frozen Shoulder mostly occurs in people over the age of 40 years.
What causes Frozen Shoulder?
Frozen Shoulder can happen due to:
- An injury
- Overuse of shoulder muscle
- Certain conditions in which your shoulder was immobilize for a long period, such as surgery, arm fracture
What are the symptoms of Frozen Shoulder?
The most common symptoms of Frozen Shoulder are:
- Pain and stiffness in the shoulder joint
- Restricted movement over a period of time
- Everyday tasks become difficult
How can Frozen Shoulder be treated?
The treatment for Frozen Shoulder involves:
- Oral Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Application of heat / ice to affected area
- Physical therapy
- Surgery – Manipulation or Arthroscopy
- Intra articular stent injection