What is a Hernia?
Hernia occurs when fatty or intestinal tissues protrude through a weak spot in your groin muscle. This results in a bulge that is very painful during cough, bending over or lifting a heavy object.
What causes Hernia?
Some Inguinal Hernia don’t have any particular reason to occur. However, some of them may be the result of:
- Increased pressure within the abdomen
- A pre-existing weak spot in abdominal wall
- Straining during bowel movement/urination
- Chronic cough
- Lifting heavy
What are the symptoms of Inguinal Hernia?
Hernia can be noticed just by the appearance itself. However, there are some symptoms of Hernia, namely:
- Pain while coughing, bending or other movement
- A heavy or full sensation in the groin
- Weakness/pressure in groin
- Swelling of the scrotum in men
- Dragging sensation in groin
How can Inguinal Hernia be treated?
Hernia may not require any treatment if it is very small and is not causing any problem. In case of enlarged and painful Hernia, your doctor will recommend surgical approach:
Open Laparoscopic Hernia repair with Mesh.
Types of Hernia Includes :
- Inguinal Hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Ventral Hernia
- Inscisional hernia