Dr. Alok Kalyani has a distinguished academic profile. During his training under Dr A N Malaviya, he had an opportunity to have a vast experience in management of difficult and challenging cases of Rheumatology. He has published many International and National papers on various aspects of Rheumatology various journals.
AREAS OF CLINICAL INTEREST
Rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Fibromyalgia, vasculitis, SLE, various connective tissue disorders, Gout, Osteoporosis and metabolic bone diseases- Hyperparathyroidism, Vitamin D deficiency, Rickets etc.
- Indian Rheumatology Association
- Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India
- Indian Association of Occupational Health
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Spinal injury centre
- Institute of liver and biliary sciences
- Artemis Hospital
- Diagnosis and treatment of various Rheumatological disorder, Diabetes and general medical conditions.
- Various procedures like Capillaroscopy, intra-articular and soft tissue injections and musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- Experience in treatment regimes for rheumatic diseases including chemotherapy and biological agents used in the treatment
AUDIT & RESEARCH WORK
RECENTLY PUBLISHED –
- Comparison of patients with ankylosing spondylitis and non radiographic axial spondyloarthritis (International journal of Rheumatic diseases – July 2015)
- Data Extraction for Research purposes EMR vs Text – (Indian Journal of Medical Informatics – Nov 2014)
- Is Radiographic Axial SpA a Distinct Subset With More Severe Axial Involvement? Comment on the Article by Deodhar et al – (Arthritis & Rheumatology – March 2015)
- Poster at APLAR 2015 – Ankylosing spondylitis and non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis – similarities and differences
PRESENTLY INVOLVE IN –
Study of blood sugar level during corticosteroid pulse therapy”
- Study of patients with febrile encephalopathy in 2011
- Project- Respiratory morbidity in workers in car seat cover making industries in 2008
- ‘Prescribing Clopidogrel in accordingly to guidelines’ in Heart of Birmingham Primary care trust in 2006” in UK
- ‘Use of Olanzapine with in the Norfolk Mental Health Care NHS Trust’ in April 2005.
- ‘Study of use of Benzodiazepines by the County home treatment team’ in May 2005.
POSTER, PUBLICATION, ORAL PAPER: